HISTORY OF MRA
- Founded in June 1982, and today, we represent some of largest retail companies in Malaysia.
- A recognised representative of the retail industry by Ministries & other Authorities.
- The only representation from Malaysia to the Federation of Asia Pacific Retailers Association (FAPRA)
and is one of the Federation’s founding members.
- Members of FAPRA include Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan,
Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
- To represent a unified voice and lobby on issues that affect all retailers.
- To exchange and share information on common issues.
- To raise the status and professionalism of retailing through education and training.